Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Moms Not Funny...



I've been waiting and waiting for Samantha to laugh and it just isn't happenning. She smiles all the time and looks like a laugh should come out...but nothing. Sometimes she even makes noises but it doesn't sound like a laugh. Since I want my child to be at least average (hopefully Mensa) I've been researching online when they should laugh. All these people say, 3 month. Well, Samantha, my dear is pushing four months. What is she waiting for?

I will do almost anything to make her laugh. I sing (funny to some people), laugh, tickle, talk in funny voices. This morning I resorted to singing "Make Em Laugh" from Singing In the Rain... to no avail. This kid just does not think I'm funny. She's probably looking at me thinking, what else will she do? I'm not going to laugh to keep seeing the show.

(Editor's Note: Right now she is playing with her rattle making noises while smiling but it is not a true laugh)

Don't worry...I'll keep you posted.

No comments: