Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Games


Samantha has discovered wallets. So we gave her my old wallet with some old cards in it and this is a favorite new game. The problem is, she has also discovered the word mine. This morning she pulled all the cards out of the wallet, and I went to put them back in for her and she started getting mad and saying mine, mine.
She also knows right from wrong, sometimes. This morning she was off in the corner playing with her wallet and I said, what are you doing? She looked at me and quickly turned her back and did something. So I went over and she had found a penny that she was putting in her mouth. She knew it was wrong from the way she looked at me and hurriedly did it. When I asked her for it she gave it back right away, so that's a good sign.
Whenever she shows signs of having a "tantrum" which isn't too bad yet, not full blown tantrums I try to be really strict with her. I walk away and let her have the tantrum. Which is easy and fine when you're at home, or at someone's house who you know well. But as she gets older and is having real tantrums what do you do when you're out in public? Oh, that's right, my daughter won't have tantrums and will be extremely well behaved, I forgot...
I think we're in for some tough times ahead, my girl is a toddler... I can't believe it.

1 comment:

MKM said...

are you trying to tell us that little sweetie pie is throwing tantrums? I just can't believe that :) that picture looks really cute, by the way, she looks so big.

Love you!