Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mommy Wars


I think there's some type of wierd competitive vibes between moms. Samantha and I go to a lot of mommy and me type activities. We have Tumbling Class, Music Together, and Playgroups. I also babysit for someone and I bring her daughters to ballet class twice a week. During ballet most of the moms hang out outside the class with there babies. This is what happenned last week with a mom who I never met before and was new to the class. We'll call her Mom.
Mom: Oh, how old is your daughter?
Me: 13 months
Mom: Oh is she walking.
Me: No, not yet. Almost though.
Mom: Oh that's okay, don't worry. (She doesn't even know me I find it so wierd that she said this)
Me: Oh, I wasn't. When did you daughter start walking.
Mom: 12 months, You shouldn't worry until she gets to 20 months, but I'm sure she won't get that far.

I guess I should be above it all and shouldn't let it bother me, but it did. Until the other little girl waved to Samantha and then Sam replied hi! then Sam looked at the cheerios and said more.
The Mom said, oh she talks, well my daughter has 20 signs but can't talk.
Ha ha, I thought... in your face...

by the way the picture, I know, another sleeping picture but so cute, right? Tomorrow I will post an awake pic I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ta,
Don't get too hung up on the walking thing. All kids learn to walk and it doesn't make much difference how old they are. Michael walked at 15 1/2 months and as soon as he started he looked like he had been walking forever. Keith on the other hand was the perfect infant and then at 9 months he started walking. I don't know if you remember what he was like but I originally wanted three kids but after Keith started walking I decided two was enough. Just be careful what you wish for.

Lisa said...

LOL! Too funny, Sam showed her:)
I don't get the competitive thing either...