Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Late Resolutions


Okay, so I did make some sort of resolutions this year. I don't totally believe in resolutions, because any time of year you can choose some things to work on, the ones that have to do with me as a person are: be more organized, keep careful track of budgeting, keep to my cleaning schedule, read more, and of course exercise, or at least eat well. Some of those most people probably say, then I have some regarding Samantha.

- Make an effort to always tell Samantha what things are to help her learn more words. She's doing great so far. When she points and makes a grunting noise, stop her and teach her the word that she wants to say.
- Make more of an effort to read with her. We read every night, but sometimes it's 1 book sometimes 4. I want to give her time to play with her board books, let her get used to looking at pictures in books and turning the pages and not be in a hurry. Also I want to read with her in the morning and for at least 15 minutes before bed.
- Get rid of the pacifier. I've mentioned this before. I'm now keeping one in the car, but only giving it to Sam if she desperately needs it. The rest are staying in the crib. If we lose them that's it we're going cold turkey. I'm not buying anymore!
- Be conscious every day of making sure she is getting a balanced diet (I'm pretty good with this but I just want to keep it up as she gets older).
- Of course, work on walking as always. Congratulate her whenever she does it so she continues.
- Limit TV time. I always said no TV but she loves Elmo so much that I just bought her a Elmo DVD. I figure it's better to have that to watch every so often then to turn on the TV and just watch whatever show is on. So now she's allowed to watch Elmo, I guess. She calls him Melmo. It's really cute, I couldn't resist getting it for her.

No comments: