Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Preschool Time Already?


I was at story time yesterday when someone asked me if I would send Samantha to preschool in the fall. I replied I think so. If you want to send your child to preschool in this area, especially if they're not quite 3 yet there's only one school you can send them to (Sam doesn't turn 3 until Dec). You have to act fast. The woman told me well you better call now, there's a huge waiting list and if you wait until the summer to sign her up she'll never get in. I was in shock. I'm not even 100% sure yet about preschool or if it should wait until Jan, or wait until she's 4. When I see how social Samantha is, she loves story hour, and loves to yell out the answers of whats on the pages. She loves to learn and is struggling at times, but trying so very hard with her colors, shapes, ABC's, and 123's. Those things make me think it would be good for her. So I called feeling kind of stupid, are you really asking about September in the first week of March? Well the director of the program didn't seem to think it was stupid at all. She said, oh yes, come in within the next 2 weeks to fill out an application and she should be in. It's not set in stone, and I don't have to pay anything until she goes. So I'll sign her up and we'll see in August what we'll do. Right now I'm saying 2 morning a week. Oh, the one thing is, she has to be potty trained. No problem, right? Isn't that what people think unless they're actually on a deadline and then it becomes a problem. We'll see. That gives us 6 months. Surely she can be potty trained in 6 months (we say with our fingers crossed).

No comments: