Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

These Feet Are Made For Walking

Warning: Bragging Ahead:
Wow, it's pretty amazing how far Sam has come in a few days. She is really doing great with walking, I am so excited. Today we went to the park, and I didn't carry her. She walked over to the playground, she was holding my hand some of the time, but still I was amazed by how big she seemed. Samantha climbed up the slide and went down the slide, and loved it. This week she learned what a duck, sheep, and bird says. She also knows what the dog, cat, and cow says. She is so cute when she does it. My mom taught her a song about a duck quacking and literally after hearing it once or twice she was able to repeat it, pretty amazing. Samantha just seems so big to me lately, it's so nice to have a toddler and not feel like she is a baby so much anymore. I think we have a little smarty pants on out hands. She can read us like a book, she knows exactly what to say and do to have us wrapped around our little finger, oh well, it's supposed to be like that, right? Here's a picture of her this time last year, my how she has grown!
Oh, and have I told you she is one of the smartest 15 month olds ever? I've probably mentioned it before...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is really good for her age, actually, the whole knowing the sounds that the animals make. I still can't get Addy to do that, except for cow, and instead of moo she says "booo" all low and menacing.

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, that is cute! I've been teaching Zachariah animal sounds too. Once in a while he tried repeating one. But he's been doing an *elephant* noise since he was 9 months. It is so funny, it cracks me up every time. I said something the other day, and he must have thought I said "elephant" because he turned to look at me and made the noise. Funny!

That is great that Samantha is walking so well now. It's amazing how quickly they take off once they have it down. It seems like the walk more every day. Zachariah is almost running now, and I'm getting scared. Yikes!

Lisa said...

Hey girls,
Sam - you are so smart!
James Ryan and I will be in NYC April 27 - 28th if you'd like to meet up:)
Miss you both!
Love,
Lisa and James Ryan

Anonymous said...

We miss you!!! We'll see you tomorrow.

Love,
Mimi and GRANDPA

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.