Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Yucatan Vacation - Part 2


The second day of our vacation was really nice. We walked around Merida - got to know the area. We went to some museums, saw the cathedral and walked through the markets. I really wanted to buy something, but there really wasn't much to buy. I was disappointed. It was like shopping on Canal St in NY, everything was the same, kind of cheap stuff. Oh well. Tim got some food realted things. He's prepared for opening a new Mexican restaurant, have I mentioned that here before? I'm not sure, but we were going partially for the knowledge of the Mexican food and culture. The next day we went to the beach. It was nice, and so hot. The Mayan ruins were pretty amazing too. Oh well, I don't want to bore you with all the details. Here's another picture. Enjoy.
Oh and today Samantha took 6, yes 6 steps completely on her own.... I can't wait for her to be walking. Oh and new words, stinker. I hate that she said this, but she did. She had a dirty diaper and my mother in law said, do you have a stinker, and she said stinker. If you knew me you'd know I just don't like using words like this, I know it's wierd but I just don't like it. She also say pretty now, that's a word I like much more. She'll say pretty stinkers... great.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey guys!
We've really enjoyed reading about your vacation! Glad you had fun! Sam looks so cute in the photos!
Love,
Lisa, Jim, and James Ryan:)

Mommy Daisy said...

Zachariah loved seeing that picture of Samantha. Cute! Uh oh...I'm with you on the word thing. They pick up everything!

Sarah said...

I don't think I like stinker either. I'm trying to teach Addy a good word for dirty diaper right now, because I heard that having words for bodily functions is a good step toward being ready to potty train, but so far I haven't come with any that aren't kind of gross. Poop... It's just not a pretty thing.