Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 19, 2007

Blogiversary


With all that's been going on I completely forgot about my one year Blogiversary!!! I started blogging last March 8th. Sometimes I posted almost daily and sometimes I went weeks without posting. My effort now is to update twice weekly, sometimes it happens and sometimes not, obviously. Right now Samantha is sitting in her toy basket on top of her toys watching the Wonderpets. Does anyone know that show? I try not to let her watch a lot of TV but she just loves that show. As soon as she hears the theme song she laughs, when I hear it I cringe because they play it 20 times per show and it will be in my head for days to come. Oh well, at least she's happy. We've been busy, Tim is the chef at a new gourmet food store and we've been getting ready to open it, finalizing the menu, I've been calling printers to send out some PR mailing for it. I've been considering selling Mary Kay, does anyone know anything about this, bad idea, good idea? I'd love any thoughts.

Samantha is still trying her hardest to refuse walking. I'm convinced she can walk, she'll take a few steps if you really coax her, but she just doesn't want to all that much. She was 15 months yesterday so I'm really hoping she starts liking it more any day now. We go to the doctor in another 2 weeks, hopefully she'll get it by then. She's still concentrating on talking, learning new words all the time.

By the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Taryn,
I spoke to my cousin about Mary Kay....she doesn't do parties anymore because giving the presenation wasn't her thing. She didn't have a bad experience, it just wasn't for her. She said it's a good company to work for and you can make good money, she also likes their products a lot.

I think that you should post pictures of you in your stylin' new clothes and accessories - I need some inspiration:) I've been itching to buy new spring clothes. I like a lot of things in the JCrew spring catalouge but not the prices:)
I saw a few cute/trendy things at the store Mandee the other day but I'm pretty sure I'm to old to shop there at this point. I dunno, do you have to be 25 or younger to shop there?
I think I'm going to pick up a few trendy accessories but I don't think I can pull off the clothes....
James Ryan is too cool for school this week - he hardly wants to nurse:) He's been grabbing my glass and trying to drink out of it! He just wants to grow up so fast!
Kisses to Sam!
Love, Lisa

Sarah said...

I tried to sell Mary Kay for awhile and definitely didn't have the personality for it. I really hate feeling "pushy" at all or trying to get people to buy things they wouldn't have otherwise. But my older sister does it, and in three months she was making enough to quit her other job! So, obviously, for some people it's perfect.

Mommy Daisy said...

Sorry that I'm just now getting around to posting a response. Actually, I looked into selling Mary Kay 6 years ago. I wanted to do something with direct sales, and though that might be fun. After talking to some people and looking into it a little further, I decided not to. But instead I joined to sell Pampered Chef. I am still a Pampered Chef Consultant today, and I LOVE it. Here's the problem I heard about Mary Kay: most people have to keep an invetory of items to sell. Then when products are changed or just don't sell, you're stuck with the stock. I had a friend who joined MK recently, but it didn't last long. She had the same issues. If you'd like any information about Pampered Chef, I'd be glad to send you some. It's an awesome company to work for. Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.