Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 09, 2007

Tantrums


So, how do we feel about the starting of tantrums? I guess I mean, how do I feel about them. Samantha has started saying no, more often in the form of "no no no no". It's sort of cute but then you realize what it is she's saying. She just found a pacifier (which is only in the crib and car now) somewhere, I actually have no idea where. When I saw her with it I said, oh give that to mommy, you don't need that. She gave it to me, which I think she thought was going to be a game. But I put it away and she said no, no, no. And started going to try and get it (which she couldn't reach, so there short stuff). For a minute I thought, it's not so bad maybe I should give it to her. Then I remembered my mommy rules and stayed tough. I showed her a toy and the mini tantrum was over, she was distracted. What happens in a few months when a simple toy will no longer distract her so easily? I don't want her to have tantrums. However, the hitting I mentioned a few weeks ago seems to have stopped, so at least we have that. Enough rambling, I'm going to go play with my sweet perfectly behaved baby girl (who happens to be saying no to one of her toys right now).

No comments: