Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Life as a SAHM


Well this is week 8 of staying home. What have Sam and I been doing with all our time? Well if I'm being honest, a whole lot of nothing. That's not totally true I'm just being a bit pessimistic at the moment. My daughter and I have spent hours and hours playing and having fun. We've been on a few exciting excursions (Florida, Boston, and the infamous Long Island). I have spent too much time on the internet (I'm working on checking my email less often). I have organized all my photos of Sam. I do feel like I need a few more concrete things on my schedule. So here's my new plan: every Wed we will go to playgroup from 10-12, the first one is tomorrow, wish us luck.

I spend countless hours researching online what kinds of classes I can take with Sam within 45 of here. I found swimming, mommy and me yoga, playgroup, and Kindermusik class, would you believe that all of these take place on Wednesday mornings? How is that possible, well it is. We choose playgroup becuase it is the longest (2 hours) closest (less than 10 min) and the cheapest (only $15 at the community center). So we will go Growing together Playgroup for the next 8 weeks and then we will hopefully try music class. It is unbelievable how long it took me to find something to do with Sam. We live in the middle of nowhere (sorry mom and dad, I'm not complaining we love it here, but it is the middle of nowhere).

My other projects include embrodiery (I know, don't ask), beginning my house search (looking into school districts and stuff like that to determine WHERE we want to live), exercising more, eating better, and looking for a part time job. I am thoroughly conflicted between wanting to work a little b/c it would be nice to have extra money and I'm a little bored, but more about that in a later post. i am determined to have more scheduled days. This way I will be less bored, happier, and feel like I'm accomplishing things. These are the goals for the week.

No comments: