Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bambina Designer Duds




I admit Samantha has some baby gear and clothes that are supposedly trendy baby things right now. I know, it's silly. They're overpriced I'm sure. But they are made well and sometimes quality things cost money. However, I'm not convinced on the designer duds for babies. Samantha has the cutest little hot pink and green t-shirt by Paulina Quintana. I'm sure it was overpriced, but I lived in Brooklyn and when I saw it in a boutique while still pregnant I couldn't resist. It was only in size 6-9 months and I bought it anyway. Well now she can finally wear it and thank god I took the the tag off because I don't want to know how much the t-shirt that should have been $2 cost. When I put it on her today I noticed that the snaps on the onesies are not snaps but buttons! Cna't you believe it? What mom who has so many things to do and is changing diapers in seconds wants to take the time to button the onesie? I understand yes, the buttons look pretty (but they're under her clothes), I'm assuming that is partially why it is overpriced. After I fed her and the shirt got covered with string beans and baby food turkey dinner I realized again how silly it is to have "designer" baby clothes. Makes no sense at all... it's just going in the hamper to be sprayed with Dreft Stain Remover like everything else... never again.

No comments: