Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars

I thought the Oscars weren't so good this year. I was actually annoyed that I stayed up to watch them. I could have been reading my book or checking email or sleeping. I don't know why No Country for Old Men won everything. I didn't like it. I didn't watch it all because I thought it was just a guy basically killing everyone. Maybe I should give it another change since everyone else obviously liked it. John Stewart was funny at times, he's a pretty good host. I just wanted some feel good movies to win. I don't know why there were so many dark movies this year. I loved Juno, Michael Clayton, Gone Baby Gone, and The Bucket List. I still haven't seen Atonement. Any thoughts on the Oscars anyone? I did think Katherine Heigl looked great, although she strangely seemed very nervous. Who else? Nobody else really stood out to me. The lady who wrote Juno is a strange dresser. Oh and the Michael Clayton chick who won, she looked much better in the movie. That's it, all my thought, I wasn't impressed this year. Wondering what my mother thought, since she's a Oscar fanatic.

2 comments:

MKM said...

just leaving my two Oscar cents:
*Katherine Heigl - too much makeup
*I liked Hilary Swank's dress even though no one else did
* I agree Tilda Swinton not very attractive in everyday life, I think she looks very strange
* Did you see Gary Busey and Jennifer Garner? creepy
* glad Diablo won for best screenplay, but yes her dress was very weird and not flattering in the least
* George Clooney: so charming

alright that was more like 6 cents, but you get the picture.

btw, I'm liking the new look for the blog I need to update or completely revamp once the baby gets here

Sarah said...

A total snooze! Such a bummer.