Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Decisions...

I got a phone call at 8 AM today, and I was still sleeping, which of course was a miracle in itself. I couldn't find the phone and didn't get to it i time. When I got downstairs an checked the caller ID it was the person I used to babysit for. I figured it was an emergency since she lives down the street, but then I checked my messages. She wants me to babysit today at 12 so she can go into the city. I have had 6 blissful weeks babysitting free. I quit babysitting back in May, but then they got me to babysit for the month of August because I always feel guilty and I could use the money so I said yes. Now let me just say that last week I called her to see if she'd be interested in having dinner at Tims restaurant and she never called back.

So I called Tim this morning and said what do I say. I know it's weird but I do need help with these things, I feel so guilty about saying no. Tim said, "you don't babysit anymore, why would you say yes?". I said to help out a friend. Tim said, "really, she's a friend, it seems like she's only a friend when she needs something". So I guess that's all I'll just say no. I really don't like babysitting, it's for 3 kids and it's just too much.

And now at 8:32 my baby is finally waking up so I have to go get her.

Does anyone else get themselves in situations like these?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you REALLY don't want to do it, and Tim has a point...is she really a friend?
If you keep saying yes, she'll keep asking and you'll continue to have this dilemma. So my vote is say no.

Mommy Daisy said...

It is hard sometimes to say no. I have done things like that before, and I usually regret it later. I think your husband gave you good advice.

Sarah said...

I am always getting myself into these situations. Why do we women have such a hard time just saying NO if we truly don't want to do something? And why do we feel we need a reason other than simply not wanting to? Sigh...

MKM said...

halloween pics PLEASE!!!! I'm dying to see Samantha in her costume!