Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 22, 2007


I know my blog posts have been fairly nonexistent, in terms of actually posting. This has mostly been a picture blog. But I figure, you guys don't care what I have to say, you just want to see pictures of my beautiful daughter. When I first starting blogging I tried to come up with cute, funny little stories of new parenthood. But now those are hard to come by. Of course, Samantha does many funny things, but we're in such a routine that it's really nothing to write a blog entry about. I read a lot of other blogs lately and they do a good job of telling little funny stories. I think I have to try a little harder. So I'll get on that.

I'll leave you with this. Lately Samantha has been saying beer and pointing to Tims glass with a big smile on her face. But she says it kind of like (be-eer) it's kind of with a funny Long Island accent. I admit, I try to get my kid to say beer in front of other people just because it's so funny, even though it is morally questionable.

Oh, and a question for moms, if I have any readers left. Samantha has always been a great eater. Lately she hasn't been eating too well. But she's been spitting her food out when she doesn't want it. How do I stop this?? Help!?! It's driving me crazy. Just so you don't think I have a demon child who wpits things out I'll leave you with this adorable picture.

Oh, and we're going to see this little guy over here this weekend. How cute is he? I can't wait. / Go visit his blog and tell him we said hi.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to hear Sam say
bee-er!

Sarah said...

I don't really have any advise about the spitting thing- Adelay always threw her stuff on the floor if she didn't want it. It drove me crazy for about three months, and then she just stopped and moved on to another way of expressing disapproval, which is vehemently saying no and pushing it away, but not actually throwing, so much better.
So advise would be, I guess, wait it out and mainly ignore it. Definitely don't keep re-offering the spat-out food over and over at the same meal, though, or she'll probably just get more angry and frustrated, like you're not listening to her or understanding her. I would just say, "Aaacky! Let's not spit," or something, wipe up the food, and move on. And hope she outgrows it fast.

Mommy Daisy said...

The pictures are nice. Just relating simple stories is a good way to blog too. I doesn't have to be completely clever to be a good blog.

On the eating thing...welcome to my world. Guess we just started it earlier. I think it's just a phase. We have good days and bad days with Zachariah. A few months ago he'd eat anything, then boom...one day he got picky just like you described. Luckily he'll try things, but he spits a lot out too. I just take what he's spit out and don't give him more unless he specifially requests it. I only put 1 or 2 bites of something new on his tray. Hopefully our children will pass through this stage really quickly.