Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Whipped


Well tonight I made the horrible mistake of putting my child to bed while she was still awake, barely awake mind you. I couldn't help it. She finished her whole bottle (which she never does) and I finished reading the whole Mad About Madeline book (which I never finish). She looked drowsy so I put her down. Well approximately 15 seconds after I left the room she started crying. Okay, well it is not abusing your child to let them fall asleep on their own. So believe it or not, I LET HER CRY. I know, it's awful. So I went about my business and straightened things up willing Samantha to go to sleep on her own. This by the way, doesn't work, I was hoping but no luck. So after 10 minutes I went in there, I know this kid has me wrapped around her finger. I went in thinking Oh,poor Samantha she must be overtired (I always think this, what does this even mean? If you're tired you go to sleep, overtired means you can't sleep?, whatever) but I digress, so I pick her up and right away she stops crying. Then the kicker is that she picks up her head with a look that says, she really did pick me up right? Then she smiles, like ha! I knew you'd come. I thought she was distraught and upset so why does she stop and smile so quickly? Obviously she knows who's in control of things in this house. Then in about 15 seconds of her head on my shoulder she's sleeping soundly. Round One Samantha obviously won. We'll see about Round Two...

No comments: